Here is the synopsis:
Trapped in a limbo between existences, seven deceased Singaporeans are reading their own obituaries.
A postman, a teacher, a grassroots leader, a businesswoman, an actress, a taxi-driver and his wife.
Seven elderly strangers with little in common in Life ; now find
themselves together as they face the greatest adventure of their lives - Death.
Before this wait is over, they must each revisit, relive, re-enact the most significant moment in their life. Only then can they move on.
At turns funny and profoundly-moving, FIRST LIGHT is a thought-provoking play that invites you to step beyond the veil to discover how sometimes,
it is only after death that you really begin to live.
---
Anyway, we decided to have dinner at MOF (Ministry of Food) before the show! :)Although I seldom eat jap food (urgghhh sushi! hates!), I REALLY LOVE THE FOOD AT MOF! But of course, I didn't get sushi. We shared a veggie udon & a salmon with chicken set. IT WAS YUMMY AND I LOVED IT !!! (though it may be due to my hunger) The portion's just nice, not miserly, but just enough to fill you up and make your tummy happy.

After the satisfying meal, we hurried over to the Esplanade to camwhore! Okay, and also to look around la. I wanna go to the Cookie Museum please! Any takers?! PLEASE??? It looks good, honest! And me wants to try the Max-donnowhat place too! (JO THIS ONE I CHOUP YOU ALREADY AHH!!!!)
Okay, we went mad with the "san-lian-pai" function that Jo's camera has! I love it, so old school please. But I think we are quite autistic cus we somehow can't get the timing right. :/
here's the first few shots we took, and it's seriously retarded!plus if you look closely, there's this stranger smiling into the cam in the first shot. LOL.
here i was trying to recreate those shots you see in shampoo commercials?but i think it looks more like a ghost sighting instead.
---
I'm a happy girl today because my baobei, Wenxiang, and I finally met up! :) Took many many photos, which I will post up once the lazybone in me has dissolved. I bought hell loads of stuff and busted my pay already. Great, money come money go. But well, if life is as short as me, I really see no sense in hoarding all that money. Might as well splurge on some good buys when you can sometimes, right? Anyway a wise person once said, " Whoever says happiness cannot be bought must have been shopping in all the wrong places." HAHAHA, what a bimbotic statement, but I like.
Had a family gathering too! With popiah, pulot hitam, herbal soup with dang gui, chicken and MUSHROOMS!!! (!!! ALL MINE !!!), & baked potato. Yum yum. Plenty of food, and great company. Gave my COAX jeans to my cousin cus she likes it, for some reason. Haha. I played some mahjong too. Super rusty already, but I managed to win some money with a "kong" and a "zi mo", thanks to my mummy the advisor. Anyway children, my relatives say that this is not gambling. This is just a hobby, and we play so that our brains get exercise and won't become senile so easily. Understand not?
Wah shit, I'm talking nonsense already. It's time for Man-u's match anyway! Goodnight y'all. :)
Had a family gathering too! With popiah, pulot hitam, herbal soup with dang gui, chicken and MUSHROOMS!!! (!!! ALL MINE !!!), & baked potato. Yum yum. Plenty of food, and great company. Gave my COAX jeans to my cousin cus she likes it, for some reason. Haha. I played some mahjong too. Super rusty already, but I managed to win some money with a "kong" and a "zi mo", thanks to my mummy the advisor. Anyway children, my relatives say that this is not gambling. This is just a hobby, and we play so that our brains get exercise and won't become senile so easily. Understand not?
Wah shit, I'm talking nonsense already. It's time for Man-u's match anyway! Goodnight y'all. :)







haha i totally skipped the sypnosis bit. hee, too lazy to read! ANYWAY you went to MOF again! haha, and i havent been there before. ): SALMONNNNNNNNNNNN WO YAOOOO.
ReplyDeletelet's go to the cookie museum together! it's on my to do list (: haha you meant the chocolate shop beside it, max brenner? i have a friend who likes their chocolates but those chocs are the premium kinds! but i reckon it's worth the money (: go go go!
-guess who!
hahahaha.
ReplyDeletei like your dress! and the lighting for the pics. :D hyeh hyeh.
what you buy siah! got until 400 bucks ah. ghahahaha.
both you and jo's hair grow damn long alr eh.
WOAH!! YOU ARE HARDWORKING!!! hahah you knowyou know, i can go find you for lunch on wednesday or smth. coz im OFF!! tell me if you're available and not gg out to some event. this wkend is my long wkend and im LOVIN' it! :) and WE SHOULD GO MAX BRENNERS!!! and we havent had hightea in awhile already right, rmbr the last time we went? like so long ago. let's go SOONEST! :)
ReplyDeleteqx, is your hair still short? like when you and i cut our hair round the same time and we had kinda the same bob and bang style. hahah :)
I LOVE COOKIES!hahaz.
ReplyDeletewe'll go cookies museum one day k?!?is it full of cookies?we can have a nua outin tt day!hahaz.
i like ur dress=)
SEND PHOTOS to meeeeeeeeeee.(i'll bug u till u give it to me.hahaz)
xiang.
guess who!:
ReplyDeletehahahah i bet you are chai siew ling. okay let's go!!! i bring you go MOF someday la okay. haha salmon very nice lehzzzzz. :) AND OOOOH YES IT IS MAX BRENNER! tee hee, i am so going to that place!!!
TELL ME YOU ARE LINGSIE!
qixin:
ReplyDeletenonyaaaa, wahaha thanks. yeah coolios lighting huh. :) and no laaa i never buy until $450 gone, but i spent quite alot this month. sian. :( gotta get more clothes to prepare for cny. LOL out of my own pocket somemore.
YAY my hair has grown?! im so happy. wish it could grow longer faster then i can just hide behind it. :D
i miss you! shopping sometime!?
Jo*Lene:
ReplyDeleteTEEHEE, YES I KNOW RIGHT! AHHHHHH YOU ALWAYS GOT HOLIDAY ! haha. Yes yes, high tea sounds awesome! :D don't forget !!! maybe one day we should go have buffet too. hahaha. like the hotel kind. WOW I AM SO AMBITIOUS. hahahahahhaha :D
i wanna go la senza! rmb our buy sleepwear for new year plan !!! :)
xiang pen pen:
ReplyDeleteME TOO! i am cookie monster ok! :D hahahah u damn greedy leh. but okay we can go there to nua one day. then after that go SHOPPING FOR BELTS!!! hahaha just kidding. i'll be sending you photos real soony la. don't worry! i just charged my camera today so i can get the pictures tmr with the cable. whooo!