Thursday, January 1, 2009

Without You.


HAPPY 2009, people! :)

Just wanna share a poem that I like, as it kinda reflects how I feel right now.
It was spring, but it was summer I wanted,
the warm days, and the great outdoors.

It was summer, but it was fall I wanted,

the colorful leaves, and the cool, dry air.

It was autumn, but it was winter I wanted,

the beautiful snow, and the joy of the holiday season.

I was a child, but it was adulthood I wanted,
the freedom, and the respect.
I was twenty, but it was thirty I wanted,
to be mature, and sophisticated.

I was middle-aged, but it was thirty I wanted,

the youth, and the free spirit.

I was retired, but it was middle-age that I wanted,
the presence of mind, without limitations.

My life was over,
but I never got what I wanted.

- Jason Lehman
Well, this poem was written by Jason Lehman when he was only fourteen. Wise beyond his age, he knew that life should be lived in the "Present Tense", two words which were aptly used as the title for his poem.

I believe that though we may not always get what we want, we can always choose to want what we have. :) So for this year, I don't have a list of resolutions to make (thankfully!) - except for the simple hope that I'll learn to live life in a fulfilling way, and always be thankful for the people I have in my life. :) I hope that I'll not take anything or anyone for granted, and in 2009, I hope to put in even more effort in keeping old friendships and bonds.

2008 has been a crazy year, punctuated with projects, burning the midnight (and morning) oil, bouts of crying (shame on me!), some happiness, dealing with internship and stress, and finally a clearer picture of my needs, wants and beliefs. I wouldn't say that 2008 has been a bad year for me -though looking at the current economic situation and all the deaths is still kinda depressing - because I feel that I've grown and learnt from all my past experiences. I still maintain that there are no regrets for the path I've taken in life, the choices I've made, and the people I've chosen to put my trust in. Sure there's been some stumbling along the way, sure it did hurt bad when I fell, but at the end of it all, I think it's all for the better. It did help to make me stronger in a way, so I'm still grateful for the downs in my life. Also, having genuine friends makes a hell lot of difference, so thank you dah-lings (fake accent)! :) I'll never forget those who helped me, or were simply there with their presence when I needed someone. And this is not much, but I know I will be there for those who need a listening ear - just holler! (no strings attached okay, though food is always welcome. teehee jk!) Okay but really. I may talk much, but I can be a pretty good listener once you stuff my mouth full with food. HAHAHA!

OMG GUESS WHAT? Just to "celebrate" the special occasion of my bro enlisting into NS soon, I ate tempura, buttered prawns, tepanyaki sotong (heavenliness!) all in one night! Not to mention the sinful amount of beef rolls with asparagus (3 plates!), beef cubes, pork (urghh), salmon (grilled and tepanyaki), agadashi tofu, green tea ice cream and Sprite (free flow leh). Then I went to nap immediately after I got home. HAHAHAHA. Jialats. I think I ought to run tmr? :/ Or else my name will be changed to lardball!!!

AND IN CASE YOU WERE WONDERING, YES I AM ITCHING NOW! Even with my medicine! :(
(that's why I'm here blogging!)

Kkz, I'm gonna try to sleep the itch away. Stop gloating, you evil people who don't get allergies. Hmpf.

8 comments:

  1. IT IS HEARTZ NOT HATES *laughs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, I understand that both of us are very similar in terms of greediness, but please do take your allergies into consideration! TAKE CARE PLEASE!

    LOVE,

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahas OHMANNN, allergies and rashes suck! take care take care! sounds serious that you are itching even with medicine.

    but seafood is great, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kellyn: hahaha yes i know! :) but that's the reason why i only eat seafood when it's a really special occasion or maybe when i'm at gunpoint. heheh. anw thanks girl! :D

    hope school's all well?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shuxian: YES I SO AGREE. and i have both! SUCKS. hates. hahaha. oh well i love tepanyaki squid and buttered prawns! OMG but damnit i suffer so much lehsss. hahahah. must really wait till i forget about this time's suffering before my next pigging out kkz! and maybe we can go feast (with shirley the other allergic) together yays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahhaa. wah wah wah. SUCH A SPREAD NYEH HAHAHAHA.
    i never gloat at you i just laugh. eh wahlau then eat more medicine la okay. hahaha. hope you didnt die.

    and ah your prev entry. i laughed when i saw the part about liowch dont pretend you didnt see this. hhahahaha. wah funny. okay la. i havent even buy chai's present. what sia. procrastinator. internship ending alr eh. you really going thailand ah. HAHAHA. eh pls count me out i dont want to die. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. qixin:

    hahahaah i obviously didn't die. if i did, you should be crying your heart out like NOW. hmpf.

    yah okay, you better stop laughing later your head drop off leh. tee hee. okaysz, yes i am going overseas for sure. and no worries, i'm not forcing you. :)

    ReplyDelete