Tuesday, August 17, 2010

back from outer space

So I'm back with plenty of stories to tell, and places to talk about! Don't know where to start, but I guess the best I could do is start from somewhere before the memories start fading away.

Hence, this post will be about a new food place that Anthopony and me tried on our food hunt. It's called Ken Ramen House, and it's located in an obscure area (Orchard Plaza) in town. I heard good reviews about it so I decided on impulse to have dinz over there since A was fine with it. It's nice to try something new for a change no? :) Took us awhile to find the place, and Antz was giving me a grumpy face cause his body was aching badly from exercising, plus he hated the many sex shops that were in the area. He hates sleazy areas like Geylang and those in Thailand as well. *shrugs* But luckily, thanks to the help from qi, we finally found it! And his grumpy face disappeared :D

Well, we didn't order alot since he's now on a diet so here's all the dishes that we tried:

Egg roll

My butter ramen!

His charsiew ramen (I think)

Ultimate look of concentration

The butter ramen wasn't as good as I expected from the reviews, but A loved his ramen and soup base! He finished every drop of it. Heh. The egg was not bad, it's not the dry kind. But I had three of that so it was kinda gross at the end. All in all, a nice little cosy place if you're sick of the usual places in town. The ramen's nicer than Ajisen's, but there's definitely fewer choices as well. I still love my pork curry ramen at Ajisen! 

Does anyone have any nice food places to intro? I'd love to try new places, especially if the food's good! Even better if it's cheap! :D

2 comments:

  1. I had the pork belly ramen (I think) the last time I dined at Ken's Ramen with J :) This restaurant opens until 2am daily, I presume.... Good place for expensive supper, lol :D

    Ant's on a diet?? He looks fineeeee! Tell him chai thinks he looks fine.

    Happy feasting in S'pore with Antz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh you've been there before too?! ;) so has qi! heh. yeah its kinda expensive right. but still nice little cozy shop! i like the feeling that it gives!

    yeah he is! he's trying to lose weight badly now. hahahah. he needs to lose weight for ns! and napfa! :3

    thanks chaichai! blog more often! are u too bz these days? :(

    ReplyDelete