
celebrating my birthday with lunch at Etna
Met Antz again on my actual birthday for lunch, instead of dinner, because I felt so bad that he was having so little family time. But it was honestly a really bad day for me. I couldn't be unluckier and despite my attempts to stay positive, somehow I snapped like a rubber band. :(
It rained the moment I left my house and while walking to the bus stop, the heel of my shoes actually came off. So I had no choice but to pluck off the other side, and limped about trying to find slippers as replacement. Sigh. As a result, I was late in meeting Anthony. Double sigh. The restaurant was supposed to close by two thirty, so we had to rush. But when I met him, it was nearly two fifteen. I kinda gave up the idea of having lunch at Etna but A didn't wanna give up. He hopped onto the bus and soon realised that we took the wrong bus. Failblog! I kinda vented my frustrations on him by dumping a sack of rice and a box of Fybogel onto his lap. Hahaha, but after that I became happy again. So we got off and started walking slowly. Soon, we saw Etna and decided to try our rotten luck!
The waitress and cooks were all chilling at the counter, and they looked so shocked to see us. But thankfully, we made it on the dot and they agreed to serve us although they were about to close. How lucky we are, afterall! :) The service was impeccable and I love the friendly waitress that served us.
Antz is gonna kill me if he finds out that I put up his ugly shots D:
(but he looks so cute I couldn't resist)
set lunches are value-for-money! $22+ only!
mushroom soup was boomz! we loved it.
chicken fingers! very crispy and yummy as well :)
his squid ink pasta - which tastes like tomato sauce strangely.
When the waiter served this, he made fun of Antz and said, "After eating this, you cannot kiss your girlfriend already." Hahaha. I happily agreed and made fun of him by pretending his teeth was full of black and gross stuff. But despite the gross looking nature of his pasta, it's actually rather tasty - if you can get over the fact that it's all black.
my roasted chicken with mushroom gravy! major yums :)
pistachio tiramisu cake is loveeee!
we had this last year on my bday as well, but at another cafe.
chocolate ice cream, which was damn thick
at the bus stop waiting to meet yuzhong to pass him his skates!
this was after going to the sinseh with A to heal his wrist, buying treats for Kiki at the pet shop nearby, and queuing up for KOI hazelnut with pearls at AMK. we went to coffee bean to slack and my pounding headache was killing me. Felt easily irritable but my moodiness was cured immediately when I came out of the toilet and A held out a bottle of Pokka green tea, asking if it was my favourite drink. :) Instant mood lifter x100!
my baby bear!
tired out after a long day




No comments:
Post a Comment