Saturday, October 23, 2010

So take a chance & don't ever look back

I really love this photo. Everybody's smiling so happily! :)

This was taken during Anthony's birthday celebration, and it was the first time I actually had dinner with his entire family. Nicky was the cameraman, and also the one who suggested having dinz at Mandarin Oriental. The meal was pretty damn expensive, and I felt so bad that I stuffed myself silly with food. Hohoho! Exercise can wait, right? ;) 

Anthony's dad is damn funny and cool. He absolutely loves sweet stuff, like fondue, run & raisin ice cream etc. Heehee it was fun hanging out with his family, and of course, his sibling's other halves as well. They're all really nice and friendly people but I really am horribly shy when meeting people for the first few times. Urgh! So I just kept quiet and trotted alongside Anthony like a little pony whenever he left the table to take more food. I was kinda scared of the awkwardness at first but then I slowly warmed up to them all. At one point, Anthony's dad looked over at me and asked, "Hey, you okay right?!" He was probably worried that I'd feel awkward so that alone comforted me. 

After that, he started joking around with Nicky and Anthony, and I couldn't help but laugh. The things he says are damn hilarious. He asked why nobody wanna take photo with "the handsome one" - which is himself. Hahahahaha! 

The rum & raisin ice cream with waffles are the best ever by the way. :) I took some desserts for Uncle and he happily polished them off! So amazed. I always thought that girls are the ones with sweet tooth, no? After that, he took more marshmallows with chocolate fondue and gave them to me. Heehee! 

I'm really happy to be part of Anthony's birthday celebration with his family this year. I guess I just wanna say that this is what I've waited so long for - acceptance. It's something that every relationship needs, I believe. And perhaps, it's true? It can only get better in time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment