Wednesday, November 3, 2010

people change all the time

Some days I just don't feel so good. 

Guess today's just one of them. I think of all the things that happened so far, the friends that have their own lives now, our diverging paths... and there's this sense of loss that I find hard to grasp or explain. We're all growing up far too quickly, and this pace is faster than I'd like it to be. Slow down, slow down, cause it's so fast and blurry I can't even recall the days that pass us by now. The distance between me and my friends are widening, and to be honest I don't even know if we can ever get back the same level of comfort and closeness we used to have. 

I don't mean to say that I'm unhappy with the friends I have now, or the people I choose to keep close to my heart. Notice I say close to my heart, because it's kinda different from keeping in contact. It's hard keeping in contact these days, especially if you're in different schools or doing different stuff altogether. I guess it's true that distance really tests relationships, and that's a sad fact that I'll have to learn to face someday. But that said, I really respect those who manage to maintain a healthy and strong friendship despite the physical barriers. Utter respect, I'd say. *thumps chest*

This post wasn't meant to be so ruminative; so to end off abruptly...

I think this is (bloody) hilarious! 
How do people come up with ideas like that? 

3 comments:

  1. :( maybe when we all retire physical distances wont matter much and we can all play mahjong wearing old fashionable clothes together! what do you think?

    i saw that sanitary pad on your facebook and burst out laughing! why would he want to be a pad. thn i remembered your ipad thing when ipad just came out. totally random thoughts but it made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm, i dont know really. i hope? haha. i think what will be sad will be if we gotta resort to online mahjong and facebook when we're old and wrinkly. meh :'(

    anyway, yeah the sanitary pad totally cracked me up! haha! i love weird ideas like these. awwww you still rmb the nonsense ipad stuff i said last time! hehehehh. <3 miss you jo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bu yao siao. Dinns soon at my crib! :D Lookin forward to it. Love you siao lang.

    ReplyDelete