Sunday, January 23, 2011

cut the rope


We’re so arrogant, aren’t we? So afraid of age, we do everything we can to prevent it. We don’t realize what a privilege it is to grow old with someone.
- Daniel, P.S. I Love You




The truth is this: death scares me more than anything in the world. And the one that stings the most has got to be watching your loved one waste away in front of your eyes, becoming someone that you can hardly recognise. If I was selfish enough, I'd definitely wish to be the one who leaves first when age catches up with me; to save myself from the grieving and pain of the loss of my partner. But I guess either way it's hard. Nobody wants to leave, and nobody wants to be the one left behind. So I guess what's important is that we embrace and live our lives to its fullest, cliched as it may sound. Treasure every moment & every memory that you have with your loved ones.

Also, please stay healthy everybody. It's the least you could do for yourself, and for the people who love you. 

2 comments: