Saturday, January 14, 2012

Date Night

Absinthe Restaurant

48 Bukit Pasoh Road 
Singapore 089858


Date night with the boyfriend. :)


My best boy! 

With Chef Francois 



Bubbles for two


Scallop Carpaccio, Squid Ink Truffle and Lemon Dressing 
Not quite a fan of raw food so this was mainly pushed to Anthony, woohoo!

Sauteed King Prawns Flambeed with Absinthe, Pine Nuts and Herb Salad
Love the combination of pine nuts with the king prawns. 
Pretty impressed by this appetizing salad, even for such a carnivore like me. Thumbs up!

Pan Fried Foie Gras, Morello Cherries and Blinis 
Ahhhhhh, super jizzy!!!! It's like sex in your mouth. Really. DAYUM GOOD. My brain cells imploded with pleasure! *foams at mouth*
Roasted Rack of Lamb, Cep Mash and Thyme Jus

Grilled Beef Wagyu, Potato Millefeuille, Baby Vegetables and Natural Jus
This was the bomb. Love how perfectly cooked the beef was - tender and oozing juicy goodness! 
If 2012 is really the end of the world, then at least I've tasted this already. :3


Molten Chocolate Lava Cake



You know how most couples usually start off trying extremely hard to impress each other but eventually they enter a comfort zone and somehow this extra effort that they put in during the dating period just tapers off? I guess we're currently at that comfortable stage because I'm happy appearing in front of him in faded tees and shorts sans makeup and he doesn't give a damn when he farts in my face.

Anyhow, my point is that we haven't actually gone on a real date for a long time. So that day, we actually took the extra effort to dress up and impress each other. Anthony even tried to style whatever was left of his hair and wore a blazer for me. Made me smile when he told me that he doesn't even style his hair on normal days - that day was his first.

Have to say that Absinthe provides excellent service! From the moment I started hovering near their restaurant like an annoying fly (I was waiting for Anthony who got lost somehow) right till the end of the meal, the people at Absinthe really went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. Cannot believe that we even had the privilege to talk to and snap photos with the friendly head chef of Absinthe. Chef Francois was the one who asked us if we could take some photos together!

Big thank you to Kellyn who introduced this place to us. ;) I will definitely be back for more foie gras and beef! *drools* It's a pity that the restaurant will be moving to Clarke Quay soon though because I kinda like the fact that this jem is hidden in a somewhat secluded area, away from the crowds and business district. :(

P/S: Sorry that the white balance for these photos was pretty shitty - had to deal with an impatient and hungry boyfriend plus my own growling stomach!

8 comments:

  1. wah shiok likka atas! u're making me hungry in the middle of the night D:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww you two look so good together! <3

    I don't think I've tried any of the food that you've ordered above and they look soooo good! I wanna visit Absinthe again! Didn't know that they are moving to Clarke Quay! :( I love their (rather) secluded location which makes it cosier!

    Looking forward to our next gastronomic date together! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jizzyb: nawwwwwwwwwww, not as hot as you, sexy. :D Run with me next week ok! Put the sports bra to good use!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LGM: Heheheh oops! Bring weijie here for your 4th year! Correct right, 4th year? SO FAST LEH OMG.

    come my house soon to feast and nua and drink tea when we're both well kkz! :)

    P/S: I WANT TO SCRUB MY ARMPITZ ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kellyn: HI ET! <3 Thanks for the compliment. I think you and Jon look so good tgt too! :)

    You have to try their foie gras and beef! It's super yummy! We went for one set and ordered the beef ala carte. It's so good!

    Yeah the chef said they'll be moving soon. :( Must remember to check if they've moved before heading down if not it'll be a wasted trip!

    Looking forward to seeing you tmr heheheh! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeap 4th year! hennors very fast leh time passes too fast! :O haha ya u better not gimme suggestions like SOUPILIOUS or the NP ALUMNI THAT PLACE again! hahahaha i keeeel u.

    I FEEL LIKE THROWING AWAY ALL YOUR DARK-COLORED CARDIGANS. hahahahhaha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ya lor! Time flies likka fast! Eh come on leh, my suggestions always so wonderful. HAHAHAHA. he haven't even tried souperlicious yet! This time i will suggest MUNCH :D

    My cardigan is missing because you jinxed it!! >:(

    ReplyDelete