Thursday, October 4, 2012

Don't mess.




In the spirit of Children's Day, I'd like to share some stories about my students that I find really cute and endearing.

Today, my class went to Bugis for our traveling lesson. I was holding L's hand when suddenly he stopped walking. He widened his eyes and let out this really loud exclamation. In front of us was a life-size monument of Chang-er because of the Mid Autumn Festival. I didn't think much of it and wanted him to continue walking so I tugged at his hand to get him moving. However, he quickly let go of my hand and suddenly....... prayed to Chang-er. It was such a cute sight, looking at him do the "praying action" with so much earnest that I couldn't help laughing out loud. After that, we went to Bugis Village and he stopped in the middle of nowhere to bob his body up and down, to the beat of some hip hop music. Ahhh, just thinking of his funny lil' actions today makes me smile. :3

That said, I also encountered an extremely rude guy today that made my blood boil. My class was waiting in a watch shop for my co-teacher to get a watch when suddenly, this ah Beng guy (who's supposedly the boss) came over to one of the kids, H, and simply took off his lanyard without even asking.

I was standing behind initially so i presumed that he wanted to help him untangle his lanyard or something. But he actually wore MY STUDENT'S lanyard and started acting like a retard to mock them. Oh my god, swear I could have turned him into minced meat at that very moment. He thought he was being really funny and started laughing to himself when I shot him a death stare. Then I said sternly, "Can you give it back to him?" That was when he stopped laughing and gave the lanyard back. He even had the cheek to ask if I'm their teacher. Gave him a curt "yes" before I ushered all the kids out of the shop. Then I glared at him all the way from the outside of the shop with as much hate as I could express with my eyes, until he looked uneasy.

Told my co-teacher about it afterwards and she said that he'd touched her on the shoulders and behaved inappropriately while she was paying. I'm definitely boycotting his stupid watch shop for life. Really makes me wonder why there's such scumbags on earth. It's this kind of guys that make me lose faith in humanity but I know that for every such horrible person in the world, there's ten others who are super nice so I won't let him spoil my otherwise beautiful day out with the kids. :)


4 comments:

  1. That guy is a real asshole who will be burnt in hell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, karma will bite him in the ass one fine day. ;)

      Delete
  2. omg the guy is damn disgusting. hope his watch shop burn down! dont let such ppl ruin ur good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nah i wouldn't let him spoil my day out! :) such guys are too pathetic already. hope nobody has the misfortune to marry him ah!!!

      Delete