Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I gotta say what's on my mind.


I think that happiness is overrated.
because after years of trying to stay on the happy trail,
I realise that happiness is really...
nothing much.

Don't get me wrong. I like being "happy" and all.
But with age, I find that happiness seems to be becoming more and more temporal and transient.

Because then I found something else.
Joy.

I like joyful people.
Because it seems to me that these are the ones who don't get knocked down by life's punches.
Joyful people find joy in life. No matter how shitty life or circumstances get, you still see them around with a smile on their faces.

Happy people are different.
They are happy because of positive situations and things that happen to them.
But when something bad happens, they become sad.
That's happy people for you.

Well, I am blessed to be surrounded by many joyful friends.
And I want to strive to be like them too.
Because happiness is not enough.
We must learn to be joyful; and as clichéd as it sounds, give thanks for what we have.
Or we'll never be satisfied.

I really respect those who have been through more crap in their lives than any other person our age; and even more so, I respect those who do not question why they are in such a plight but focus on touching other people's lives with their warmth and sincerity.

:)

6 comments:

  1. hahaha thanks, you so vehhh sweet :)

    ling*

    ReplyDelete
  2. qixin: hahahha i lubey dubby choo twoooo. yay i am good at baby talk. haha! me and matta are not the bomb. I AM DA BOMB. hee hee just kidding. LOVE NI DE MAO :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ling: hee hee i want to swim with you soon okay! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. jolene: HAHAA. i still thought who is the korean wannabe leh. yuan lai is MATT. -.- hahaha im not crazy girl! i love/hate your frog loh. it makes me want to squish it everytime i see it. then i feel like boxing it. and torturing it. then i dont wanna play with it anymore and i want to put him on your lamp. ;/ hahahah but i miss him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay jolene. maybe i am crazy. i alternate between calling ur frog it and him LOL. :/

    ReplyDelete