
It's been a hectic week, with work coming in like it's on freeflow, but I guess staying positive is helping? lol. ranting too - but i'd rather save them for my closer friends and family members, cause i know they love me and don't mind me yakking non-stop on days when I'm really unhappy. so, a big big thank you for the ones who've been there for me, and lent a ear when I needed someone to listen. :)
anyhows, i was too busy to blog about the lifestyle party that my company organised. The one that caused a big hooha in the newspapers due to a certain celebrity's displeasure over the event. Ho hum, I'm gonna have to be discreet because i really don't want my blog to be turned up in google search, especially when all the people in PR are adept at doing media monitoring. hahaha.
so this certain party, let's just call it S for convenience sake, really made me open up my eyes to this whole new world. A world full of glamour, high fashion, celebrities, and pride. Yes, pride too; because some of the VIPs invited had attitudes that matched the smell of my mouldy ballet shoes. That night, I saw arrogance strutting around like it was on the runway, upturned noses, and crazy tantrums. Hahaha. If I'm ever gonna become rich, let's just hope that money can buy me humility too - cause I certainly don't wanna become like some of these rich people/celebrities I've encountered. That said, I did meet a couple of down-to-earth celebs too, thank God! :)
Apart from getting to see many rich tai-tais who were dressed up to the nines, celebrities, gorgeous and leggy models, professional photographers, and amazingly enough, Grace from bp/np who was working as an usher, the S party also taught me that even rich people love free things too. Lol! There was an appalling number of high society people that came to our little booth to "enquire" about the red bags that we had in a corner, mind you. I repeated the sentence, "I'm sorry, these are press kits for the media" so many times I almost thought I became a broken recorder. :(
Well, it was my first time at such a glam glam party afterall, and the first thing that hit me was discomfort. i felt absolutely out of place in my -coughs, dare i say it- This Fashion dress, even though i was just manning a little booth and doing registration. And my makeup was so light that I might as well not put any at all, since my colleague asked me, "Hey Estella, you want me to help you put on some makeup?" MEH! :/ Hahaha.
And one more thing, I realised that as much as I'd like to believe that I'm the easygoing and "go with the flow" kind, I absolutely cannot dance ON STAGE with strangers. This weird guy dragged me and my colleague (pictured above) up the stage for the last song, and suddenly I just wished that the ground could come swallow me up. IT WAS SO EMBARRASSING CAN?! I tried, very reluctantly, to dance, but I only felt stupid. And I saw my colleague getting high in no time, dancing and grinding to the beat. And I felt even lousier. So I did the only thing a loser will do, I walked off stage. I guess there's really only two reasons I'd dance with people. One is when it's with a dance troupe, or class; and the other will be when I'm high on drinks and in the company of trusted friends. Guess it just ain't me to be up there hamming it up for the cameras and dancing like an idiot to a song that doesn't even get my feet tapping. The cameraman later approached my colleague and I for a photo, and thankfully, it didn't turn out all that bad so I'm posting it up! Haha. He's a pretty nice guy, and we obliged when another cameraman offered to help the three of us take a photo. So funny.
ANYWAYS, I'M MISSING MY FRIENDS! :)
( Esp. Miss Jolene Chua who's currently checking out hot milkmen and chomping on swiss chocolate. )



WHAAT! I thought the dress was from like Mango or Miss Selfridge or Zara or F21 or something glam bam like that if I didn't know you better.
ReplyDeleteHAHA! THIS FASHION! I LIKE! You looked gorgeous babe! And I spy my heels! WHEEEEEEE. Now you make me happy! (:
Hahaha. I'd have walked off too if I were you. ): So long never see you already. Sad leh. ):
You look Gorgeous & pretty in that picture! (:
ReplyDeleteKellyn
Hi Estella! Grace here. I blog hopped and found your blog (: Lol, anyway, that party really opened my eyes too. Was not my first time mingling with such a crowd though, but it was definitely still as awkward. I felt SO out of place! (Btw, I couldnt tell your dress was from This Fashion lah. Haha no worries.)
ReplyDeleteGood seeing you that night (:
-Grace
qixin: Haha! yes dear, it's THIS FASHION not f21 or ms selfridge or coco chanel! hahaha. but all hail my favourite shopping haunt ever! just don't tell people okay. shhhhh haha.
ReplyDeleteaye thanks thanks my dear, i love your heels! :D it's such a lovely design and cut. and it doesn't KILL me! i swear on my toes that this is the only pair of comfy heels i own right now! so thanks alot baby :)
miss you lah pooky dorks. sighy. when can we meet up huh huh huh. i haven't seen you for so long, i don't think i can remember what your finger nails look like already! :( okay, actually i still can. HAHAHA. i pictured them while typing that sentence, then i realised. :/ OH AND WE REALLY MUST MEET TO EAT BUGIS CREPES HAO MA?! :)
*sings* you are my sunshine! you make me happy when skies are grey. you'll never know dear, how much i love you, so please don't take my sunshine away :D
Kellyn: hello! thank you so much :D hope that the holidays are treating you well!
ReplyDeleteGrace: Hey hey! didn't expect you to chance upon this! :D OMG I HOPE YOU DIDNT HAPPEN TO GOOGLE ABOUT THE PARTY, AND FOUND MY BLOG RIGHT? :O
ReplyDeletehahaha i was so thankful to see you, a familiar face in that strange environment u noe! :D i felt so much better in fact, with your presence, though i didn't get to talk to you much that night.
hee hee. anyhows, take care! :)
Haha yesss strangely, I felt WAY better after seeing you there too. That crowd was just way too different from the usual crowd we hang out with right. Haha. Sorry couldn't get to catch up with you or something! I ended duty and wanted to go home, and anyway I couldn't find you, so I just left. Anyway no la, haha, I didn't google the party. Lol.
ReplyDeleteWAH I LIKE YOUR DRESS. YOU LOOK GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD LA MEI! HAHA. Let's go this fashion shopping!
ReplyDeletegen
graceyeoh: hahaha YAY! :) i'm still not used to that crowd... think it'll take alot more "practice" to get used to it. :/ and it's okay! i really wanted to chit chat with you too, but i was supposed to go do my work ahaha. next time i want to do your kinda events! ushering seems more fun actually! :P
ReplyDeletegen the bee: HAHA WAH THANKS AH. let's go shopping moo moo! :D I MISS YOU LEH. haven't bullied my ah lian for SO LONG! :(
ReplyDelete