Saturday, February 14, 2009

my date with a vampire.

Estella is afraid her brains are too rusty for uni. :(

Please, why does it feel that I somehow smoked through poly, though it's like kinda unfair to say that, cause I definitely know I did put in a lot of effort and endured many sleepless nights for my grades (most of the time la k). Why does it feel like I didn't use my brains for 3 whole years?! WHY? SIGHY. Is it because... my brains have degenerated to a point where the most intensive activity it does is to contemplate if I should have chicken or duck rice for lunch? I am very scared you know. It's like, getting into uni is one big thing already. Competing with a gazellion (how to spell?) smart asses is another thing. Gua gua, I think I have to become a full-time nerd already k. Think it'll be handy to have a tag that says:

"Please talk to my hair because my nose is too busy being buried in important books to be talking to you."

At this juncture, even more than ever, I really wish I have a talent. Or something I'm enormously good at. Like saving the world, or art, or even dance. I would surely go all out to pursue my dream! Sighy, pretty impossible though. The only few things I'm good at are cracking lameass jokes and memorising lines from my favourite tv drama serials. -.- Hahaha, oh well. It'll be interesting to see what all of us end up doing 10 years from now. I hope I won't end up being some kopitiam aunty whose pastime includes gossiping with the other cleaner aunties while picking her nose. :/

It's unfair you know. Like, I really enjoy Literature yet to take it as a major in uni sounds crazy cause I'm just not that crazy about it. Can you imagine me living and breathing Shakespearean and other what-have-you texts for four years? I cannot. I can imagine myself coming out of uni, cursing Shakespeare for his crazy language, and swearing off all things Literature for the rest of my life. And honestly, that's one of the most dreadful things that can happen cause Literature has been one of my favourite subjects since secondary school.

Why isn't there a straightforward course whereby I can just learn how to be a CATS teacher?! It sounds like chicken feet to me. Week one: Introduction. Week two and the weeks that follow: ask the class to draw some nonsense, walk around to pass lame comments, tell them they can go as long as they're done with the assigned work. Teehee. I WANT. :D

Btw, I'm currently surviving mainly on a liquid diet. Hahaha, it's not intentional though, just happened that I keep having cravings for soup. I drank 3 different soups in one day! Damn weird, but my tummy likes it I think. Maybe I should call myself the SOUP GIRL, something like the SUPER GIRL, but cooler.

Okay, I'm just gonna fill in my uni applications by tomorrow, pay them a small bribery fee (you bloodsuckers!), and then cross my fingers, toes and eyes & hope for the best.

10 comments:

  1. hahah, yes uni is such a big thinggg! i totally can relate. hahaha, which uni you applying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just go for it you pessimist :P
    haha CATS reminded of the good times, esp. the 'shady' man behind the computer screens.haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! all the best babe. i'm sure you'll do well in uni! it's like poly all over again >.<

    ling*

    ReplyDelete
  4. shuxian: haha! i'm applying to ntu and nus. have you decided where to go?

    ReplyDelete
  5. snorlax: heehee. thanks, you crazy optimist! I HAVE TO SAY THE S WORD AGAIN! SORRY! for you know what! :(

    hahahah CATS was so fun. will never forget all the lame jokes we cracked and my infamous sandwich eating! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. ling*: thanks ah siewmai! i hope we'll all make it to uni :) but omg i bet it's ten times worse than poly ok.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ruiming: THANK YOU HRMMIE :) lucks for yours too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. qp is afraid she wont get 20 feet within the uni doors.

    hahaha.
    good luckSSSS!
    plural cos got alot :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. qp: i hopes we all get into uni! :) GOOD LUCKSSSSSSSS TOO. hahaha! many many lucks for you also! may the uni open its doors and welcome you :P

    ReplyDelete