Thursday, November 5, 2009

I remember the rain pouring down.

As most of you already know, I failed my TP. Yes I decided to be brave like my jizzyjelly and be frank about it, instead of hiding in a hole, like my usual self. :) True, I feel pretty lousy about it. I feel stupid, more than ever now. Really dread seeing my instructor again. But mostly, it just feels like I've wasted my parents' money and let them down so badly this time.

BUT, thank you all lovelies for the text messages, and the comforting words. If it wasn't for you guys, I would have been damn depressed for the whole of today. Sorry if my messages were kinda half-hearted though. I was still tryna get over the initial disappointment when the messages poured in. Heheh. Well it rained immediately after I was done with my TP btw. Talk about bad omens huh? Hahah. The rain was good though. After tuition, I slept from 5 all the way until 9. :p Again, thank you to those who texted/called to wish me good luck, and to comfort me. I love you guys long time! :)

Actually, before and during the test, I was surprisingly not nervous. I read a mag, waited for my turn, and when it was my turn, strolled down to get my car. Then my tester came, and he was WAYYY NICER than my instructor, which calmed me down even more. He would tell me clearly where to go, which lane to turn into, and when there are cars coming, he would even tell me if I should stop or go ahead. The downer was when I had to do my vertical parking. It's like some curse, cause my vertical parking is usually one-time can already. But somehow I took 3 tries to park the car properly. First two tries resulted in hitting the kerb. I panicked a little, and forgot to check my blind spot on my third try. Minus ten points for that.

Subsequent stupid mistakes included "failure to give way to take precaution against pedestrians". I was turning out of BBDC, when this woman dashed out to cross the side road. Eight points, knn. Okay I'm lazy to talk about the rest but on the roads I did fine, just that fail already lor. Haha. He minus me marks for some things that I felt were unfair though. Like I checked my blindspot on the road, but he never see, and then said I was checking my mirror only. :( HE ALSO NEVER TEST ME ON EMERGENCY BRAKE LEH :O or is it cause I'm really that blur and he tapped but I never notice? I saw his hand hovering near the dashboard once and I was wondering when he will tap it, but he never so I ignored him. Hahaha. Shit.

Sigh, I will try harder next time now that I've a clear idea of what it's like!

6 comments:

  1. hey babe, E brake is not a COMPULSORY segment in the test!! not everyone gets it. my tester was damn zai, he asked me if I knew about the E brake, i said yes. then less than 10 seconds later, he slapped the dashboard hard. i was really lucky. maybe you were unfortunate to meet such a strict tester this time round. did you pray to god? i prayed like a million times and i think chewy and my parents prayed for me too. prayers work wonders!! pray to him before your next test k? :)

    and you were seriously unlucky for V parking!! i can feel your angst!! vertical parking is easier than parallel and i'd usually clear it on my first go too. so i can feel your frustration here!!! sigh. practise more in the circuit k? very important. cos i think you're confident driving on the roads. pls tell your instructor that you wanna practise in the circuit... like the BBDC circuit. my bloody instructor only brought me in twice before i went for the test and i was quite shocked the first time i parked because it was narrower and tighter than our usual "DRIVING CIRCUIT" at the rocky ulu youknowwhere area! TELL HIM YOU WANNA PRACTISE IN THE BBDC CIRCUIT. cause all these private instructors like bringing students to the makeshift circuit...which is damn lame and different to the actual circuit. i think they're just too lazy to book a practice slot in the BBDC system. sigh...

    u'll definitely do well on your second attempt!!! don't be demoralised! you can do it :)

    hugs,
    ling

    ReplyDelete
  2. ling*: hey dear! :) thank you soo much for the long tag. it means so much to me cause i really appreciate the fact that you still bother to leave me comments frequently :D

    wow, i thought it was compulsory. haha. i guess mine decided not to test me then :( and i did pray v hard. i even asked anthony to pray for me lor! hahaha. it's okay. i guess i'll try even harder next time.

    yeahhh maybe it was cause it's the very first thing i had to do. although im more confident for my parallel than vertical, but still i never ever had so much problems with parking. so yeah, kinda shocked and annoyed at myself for that. and yes!!! I KNOW RIGHT. our instructors always bring us to the ulu circuit. and when i told him that the bbdc circuit felt different compared to the lousy one, he scoffed at me and said im the first person to say that! -.- it's not true lor. so many things are different. sighh.

    thanks for ur encouragement babe! i hope i clear it on my second try! really cant wait to get this over and done with :) love you plenty!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. NI SHI HAO DE.
    Don't let anybody tell you otherwise. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. my pleasure babe :) what are girlfriends for? reading your entries and leaving tags on your blog won't cost me an arm or leg... just a little time that's all :) don't have to be so polite about it! i'm sure you'll be able to do well and pass on your second attempt with extra practice, confidence and a positive attitude!! Maybe you can start by telling your instructor that your friend, yours truly, got a big fat shock when she tried parking in the circuit for the first time cos the lot was smaller than in the MAKESHIFT CIRCUIT that he brings you too? I think you gotta voice out your opinions. Don't be afraid. Remember imy I scolded my instructor when he scolded me for banging down the poles during practice parking? He was chatting with another instructor a few metres away. He definitely felt bad and guilty after I argued my case!! Please speak up for yourself. After all, you are the customer and THE CUSTOMER WILL ALWAYS BE RIGHT! :) love,lingsie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. qixin: WO ZHI DAO. (Y) xie xie ni. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. lingsie: aww babe! your tag made me smile, teehee. yeah i will def tell him that next time. kinda lazy to start all over again. but i think i'd be abit more confident now that i know what is required of me! :) love you babe! let's be aunty and order our masks together kay! i want yummy flavours! :D

    ReplyDelete