Saturday, June 18, 2011

♠ Day Two in Melbourne ♠



Ok, to be honest, I've forgotten majority of the things we did in Melbourne by now. Sigh, STM. But luckily, there are photos to save the day (and my shitty memory)! So yeah, here goes:

We decided to be adventurous and went to Degraves St. for brunch. Passed by Flinders Street Station on our way. The aroma wafting from those shops on Degraves St. was drool-inducing. Unfortunately, all these awesome smelling, promising cafes were packed to the brim! ☹ 

Also, having six of us certainly didn't make things any better. In the end, we settled for fish and chips at Blufish. Biggest regret of my life. Just thinking of it makes me angsty! :((( The food cost us about AUD$10 per person, on average. Appearance-wise, it looked okay... BUT tasted god-awful. The fish was under-seasoned, and calamari tasted more like fishcake? Even Long John Silver's does fish and chips better! *shudders*



 Hahahaah bff, you have a cheap pie face! ^.^ 

Soups that we didn't get to try ;____;
Btw it's really strange but Melb doesn't seem to have much soup variety on their menu; 
this is the only shop that has so many different choices!





 Fine example of how looks can be deceiving

 Del & Kang getting a hot drink

 Churros

So pretty!

After lunch, we checked out a pets store selling exotic pets! Heehee, I was really looking forward to this. We saw snakes, tarantulas, hermit crabs and all sort of animals that are probably banned as pets in Singapore.




awwwww ♥

Had some time to kill before dinner so we explored Federation Square. It's pretty boring, and there's nothing much to see either.








Was very excited for dinner because I was gonna meet Chai pie! ☀ She brought all of us to a korean BBQ restaurant called Hwaro. Shiok max!

*sizzle* the sound of awesome-ness

heaven for a mushroom lover like me! :) 
there's literally mushroom soup in these mushroom caps. OMNOMNOM!

greedy faces


 check out Anthony's face, seriously -.-

Anthony is the photobomber of our trip *shakes angry fist at him*

LIOWCH, this for you. 

We needed some "exercise" after dinner and there was only one place that's open for 24 hours a day in Melbourne...

Crown Casino

Look at us. We were all damn hyped! Celebrated Kang's birthday in the casino too! ;)

And that, kids, marks the end of day two. ☁

4 comments:

  1. I think I will never hear the end of that weird eye finger action goggle thing. SERIOUSLY GAISE, I CANNOT. HAHAHA.

    I miss Chaipai.

    You look awesome.
    WE HAVEN'T GONE OUT FOR LIKE MONTHS WTF MAN FUCK THIS SHIT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. EVIL TWIN YOU LOOK SO HOT! I love your jacket I want to buy one nao liao.

    And everything looks so fun you make me wanna fly there this instance! :D :D :D MORE ENTRIES PLEASE! :D

    LOVELOVELOVE,

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHA. Biggest regret of your life, seriously?!?!

    Aussies are more big on pancakes and bready stuff, seldom soupy stuff :) Fishcake-tasting calamari? Didn't A like it since he likes soggy fries too? Haha, I actually do like LJS's fish and chips y'know! I had to have it at least once a week back in sec school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. qixin: Hi love! Hahaha, can you please do it for me to see again? I wanna have a good laugh! :D

    Chai is coming back soon! Let's have a girly outing okay? ^^

    Heheheheheh thanks babygirl, you know what... you look HOT. Like a fairy on earth (xian nu xia fan?) but dont know why you still need to diet. Sigh, is it to widen the gap between you fairies and us mere mortals? Pfft.

    WE ARE MEETING NEXT WEEK!!! THIS CALLS FOR SOME CELEBRATION.

    kellyn: EVIL TWIN! :) Thanks babe for the love! ❤ I love the jacket too! Bought it when I was there. On sale!!! But still ex lah. Haha got it for AUD$50, but it was love at first sight.. :3

    You ahhh! Come August, you'll get your turn! :) Can't wait to meet you leh! Your souvenir is rotting liao please.

    chai: It was... pretty bad! Haha not the biggest regret of my life lah, that's an exaggeration. But seriously, I won't ever go back there again. Ever. Had two bad experiences w fish and chips in Melb! So haunting! :( Maybe we are just unlucky.

    Ahhhhh no wonder we couldn't find much variety of soup despite craving for it! He loves soggy fries! Heheh but the calamari tasted plain and flat. Very bad. In sec school, I was a hardcore fan of LJS's fish and chips! That's why I said theirs was better and so much cheaper too. :) Very nice right. I love the crisps that comes with it!

    ReplyDelete