Thursday, August 25, 2011

Barracks @ House


Barracks @ House (Dempsey Hill) 


 Truffle Fries

Bay Prawn Capellini (Kellyn's) 

Mushroom Risotto






Kellyn was telling me about the amazing truffle fries that Barracks Cafe served. And true to her word, it smelt so good when it was served that I couldn't resist trying some, despite my sore throat and cough. IT WAS WORTH IT, I TELL YOU. Although my first impression of it was that it looks exactly like ordinary fries, but the taste was just..... so unique and distinct. Very addictive too. I don't think I can look at normal fries the same way again, hahahaha. *fries snob*

The portions for our mains were too huge though, and as much as I hate wasting food, I'm guilty as charged this time. The mushroom risotto was lovely, and had a very rich taste. It was quite different from other mushroom risottos that I've tasted but in a good way. The dish was packed with ingredients, and every spoonful was like an explosion of flavors and different textures in your mouth. Perhaps it was so tasty that I ate too fast, and filled up my stomach too quickly. It was really such a pity to waste such good food.

I have to change my strategy the next time I dine there. Eat slowly, and no more downing of water before the food comes!

On my must-try list the next time I dine here: The American Sliders.

We walked out of Dempsey Hill and headed towards Antoinette @ Mandarin Gallery for desserts. Ordered some macarons to go along with our tea, and I had a great time just chilling out and talking to Kellyn. ☺

I really appreciate friends like Kellyn who make the effort to meet up. ♡ Thanks for the dinner treat Evil Twin! Looking forward to improving my photography skills with you! :)

2 comments:

  1. You're more than welcome ET! :) We wasted so much food that night I felt like we can go to hell for that. Bahhh I look like crap that day too. :( We need to go for more food hunting & photography trips together soon! AND YOU NEED TO STOP TELLING ME HORROR STORIES! :'(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kellyn: Yeahhh, I hate wasting food! :((( Feel very guilty about it. Meh.

    Heheheheh yes, I have to stop being lazy to bring my dslr out! Heh. Scary right. Next time tell you more ^^

    ReplyDelete