Lunch at Au Petit Salut with A and my family ❤
Our entrées:
 |
| Half dozen baked Burgundy snails with tomato and garlic butter |
 |
Niçoise salad: Seared tuna, tomatoes, French beans, hard-boiled eggs, olives and basil dressing
|
 |
| Orange and pink peppercorn salmon tartare with baby spinach salad |
 |
Jellified pork terrine with fresh herbs; mixed salad with chick peas and shaved red onions in a light mustard dressing
|
Mains:
 |
| Pan-seared onglet beef served with confit shallots and French fries |
 |
| Mushroom risotto topped with Parmesan shavings |
 |
| "Forty Garlic Cloves": Oven roasted chicken served with mashed potatoes and melted onions |
 |
| Red wine braised beef cheeks with carrots, mushrooms and potatoes |
 |
| My wonderful parents :) |
Desserts:
 |
| Homemade strawberry shortcake with raspberry coulis |
 |
| Fresh fruits salad infused with mint served with lemon sorbet |
 |
| Choux bun filled with vanilla ice cream in warm chocolate sauce, topped with sliced almonds |
Went back to Au Petit Salut with my parents for lunch two weeks ago. It was my third time dining there, and I'm happy to report that the experience was still as enjoyable. Would strongly recommend anyone who's interested in dining there for the first time to go for their set lunch menu which is at $32++ per pax, instead of their dinner menu which I personally feel is crazily overpriced at prices ranging from $78++ to $88++. With that said, it's best that you go in a big group so that everyone can order different dishes and sample everything.
That's what my family did, and we really ate to our heart's content. I ordered the escargots and it was still so delicious! Try to imagine they are mushrooms instead of snails (if you're scared) to make it seem more appetizing. The texture's similar anyway. :D
For mains, I decided to order the pan-seared onglet beef since boring me had braised beef cheeks in my past two visits. It's pretty much a safe choice too but I'm glad they didn't overcook my beef, hence retaining its tenderness and juiciness. The beef lover in me approves. ;) Au Petit Salut does their mash really well too so you
should try to order a dish with mash in it! Its creamy and fluffy texture is a melt-in-your-mouth kind of wonderful.
Finally, desserts!!! Which girl doesn't love desserts right? I was thrilled to see strawberry shortcake as one of the options, and it certainly didn't disappoint. Berries and cream are my two major favourites. The Choux bun is a must-try for chocolate lovers (too bad I'm not) but it can be very rich so having the fresh fruits salad with lemon sorbet together with this would be a wise choice.
Simple lunch affair with the people I love - I'm so blessed indeed. ☺
why not?
ReplyDeletehahaha you mean why am i not a chocolate lover ah?! Berries > chocolate! I always feel damn bleah if I eat too much chocolate leh, so it's always my second choice if i see something berry-ish on the menu heh.
ReplyDeletePERCY PIGLETS FTW THOUGH ;) Om nom nom.
Your parents look so sweet together :)
ReplyDeleteYAY TO FAMILY MEALS with our PLUS ONE <3 <3 <3
Haha, I have yet to dine here though I almost celebrated my 20th birthday with J here when there was a function at The White Rabbit. In the end, we decided that we'd rather splurge on a BBQ meat feast so we dined at the Korean restaurant @ Dempsey :)
From your description, I'm convinced to try their onglet beef!!! Maybe I should bring J here for his 23rd birthday :)
I LOVE DESSERTS!!! I WANT I WANT I WANT THE CHOUX BUN AND STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE. Hahahahha
You're very blessed indeed!
Lingsie Pingsie Heehee yes, gotta love family meals with our plus one eh! :) Soon, you'll be having lots of meals with your family! Bet you can't wait!
ReplyDeleteHmmm you really should try here one of these days! Go for the lunch menu ok! It's more worth it. Hahaha. Yes the onglet beef is very nice! Especially if you like shallots cause it's very sweet :D Should try the escargot too, because the garlic butter is delish!
I LOVE DESSERTS TOO! Sweet tooths ftw. Hahaha. Yes, miss chocoholic - go try their choux bun! It's recommended by the staff. One of the most popular desserts in Au Petit Salut. Too bad I always get sore throat after indulging in choc! >:( Strawberry shortcake is my ultimate fav. Anyway when you come back, do try out the desserts at Antoinette (Mandarin Gallery)! I think you'll like that place :)