![]() |
| Lunch @ Tatsuya, Goodwood Park Hotel |
| From top (clockwise): Japanese Autumn Vegetables, Home-made Sesame Tofu & Pregnant Fish marinated in Vinegar |
Seasonal Yam Ball & Marlin |
| It's so fascinating to watch Sushi Chef Andy Loo doing what he does best |
Sushi: California Reverse Roll, Seared Scallop with Foie Gras, Seared Amberjack, Seared Salmon |
| Blackcurrant & Salted Caramel Macarons |
| Lemon Tart |
| San Remo |
| Inside of San Remo! |
| Mango Granita |
| Our loots from H&M ☺ |
| Cutest Hello Kitty face in the world!!! |
| I'm not a pervert, promise. |
In a bid to improve my amateurish photography skills (and also to justify to my parents why I absolutely need to have so many different cameras), I asked Kellyn if she could be my photography partner-in-crime, whereby we could go on fun photog outings and learn off each other. Well, I couldn't be any happier when she agreed!!! :)
She has really great photos by the way. If you're curious, please check them out cause her blog link's just below ;) I have unfortunately developed a horrific lusting for her camera, Canon 60D. Hahahaha. But getting it is entirely out of the question lah. My mom will kill me. Am happy just having it in my lust list. Teehee!
Okay, end of digression.
-----
When Kellyn asked if I'd like to try Tatsuya Japanese Restaurant during Restaurant Week, I said "YES!!!!!" without much thought. Who in the right mind would pass up the chance to try good food at a special price right? WELL, CERTAINLY NOT ME! :D
It was probably only until the day before that I found out that the menu basically comprises of sushi, which....... I absolutely dislike. But really, this non-sushi lover here has nothing but praises for Tatsuya's sushi. My favourite has got to be the Seared Scallop with Foie Gras sushi. It's just mindblowing. I still taste a hint of heaven on my tongue every time I think of this. Actually I never knew that so much work went into making sushi. The look on Sushi Chef Andy Loo's face was that of immense concentration. I could literally taste his dedication when I stuffed a whole sushi into my mouth like a greedy pig. He saw what I was doing and chuckled to himself. Thought that was pretty cute. Haha (:
Headed over to Tanglin Mall for some desserts @ Brunetti. The Lemon Tart was a miss! Didn't like it. San Remo is delicious though. Must-try! :3 I love the sweet little surprise in the centre. Preferred the salted caramel macaron of the two flavors that we ordered, though it didn't have a distinct or outstanding flavor. It just leaves a lingering sweetness on your tongue as an aftertaste, which I kinda like.
I'm really looking forward to our next foodie/photog outing together. Really blessed to have a friend like Kellyn who's so spontaneous and fun! :)




O M G YOU BROKE THE PROMISE. WHERE IS THE GIF. My fat face is not suppose to appear anywhere without the gif! Still image not included!
ReplyDeleteAnw, I really thought your photos are a lot better than mine so please don't give people false hopes about my photos. :(
I am game for anything photography! Let's explore all possibilities together! :D LET ME KNOW YA? :)
Kellyn: Nonono!! I WILL KEEP MY PROMISE! HAHA. At least you already saw the gif right. ;) The stupid gif wasn't working last night so I took it down. Heh will try to make a new one! :3 I know you can't wait to laugh at me only lor!!!! Pfft.
ReplyDeleteAnd my photos aren't anywhere close to yours please, but I will try to improve. Heh. I'm not a very technical person ah. Overall though, I'm pretty pleased with our first batch of photos! Heh. Not too bad for a start right? :)
Ok swee lah. Hahahaha. I will definitely let you know again. But for this week and next, the camera's gonna be in China accompanying my parents on a trip so we can make plans for after they come back kkz! Very excited y'know. Teach me light painting please!