Monday, January 2, 2012

In 2011:

  • I got a job @ Scandic Wonders 
  • Tutored the same kiddo for my third consecutive year
  • Had the privilege to try plenty of good food, thanks to the generosity of Anthony's parents
  • Melbourne road trip with the divers! 
  • Checked off one item on my bucket list: skydiving
  • Experienced what it was like to be the girlfriend of an NS man
  • Attended the most number of ceremonies in my entire life (Anthony's graduation, POP, SCT etc)
  • Extracted FOUR annoying wisdom teeth!
  • Second anniversary with the boy ❤
  • Celebrated my 22nd birthday with the awesome divers @ Pepperoni Pizzeria
  • Added Canon S95 and Lomo LC-A+ to my camera collection
  • Had my first Gelish manicure experience ;)
  • Broke my personal record for consuming the most number of sushis this year than I've ever eaten before in my entire life
  • Received a gorgeous "Mui Mui" wallet from the boy
  • Changed to a new passport with yet another ugly photo
  • Received my first ever bonus from a part time job (WHEE!) 
  • New-found appreciation for my family 
  • Fell in love with the same person over and over again
*** ***

The words above summed up my entire 2011 so aptly that I feel kinda ashamed for using it since it was supposed to be a reflective piece written by myself ? Hahaha. Laziness killed my creativity. 

But anyhow, thank you 2011; it was pretty good while it lasted.

Indeed, there were many moments this year when I questioned myself for the things that I'd committed my time to. The lows were so low that I honestly felt like giving up. Why bother working so hard and juggling part time jobs for that pathetic sum of money when I can get allowance from my parents now and then repay them later? This was the mindset that Anthony had, and it resulted in us having tiffs on and off because some of my weekends with him were compromised due to work. Yes, I understand where he's coming from and it really got to me at one point... but still, no regrets.

So, in 2011, I earned a grand total of $8742 from my combined tuition and Scandic pay. Though most of you are probably gonna earn or are earning this amount with a few months of your pay, I'm proud of the fact that being financially semi-independent means I'm able to fund my overseas trips and shopping buys without having to burden my parents. It feels so good! :) 


With all that crap said, here's to an even better 2012! Big thank you to all my friends who've stuck with me in 2011. Watch me, I'll be sticking to you gaise likka pisai in 2012 ;) Not gonna be too ambitious when it comes to my other plans in 2012 though. We'll just have to wait and see where life takes me. ♡

6 comments:

  1. here, my armpits are open for u to seek shelter in. hehehehehhe :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. TEEHEE THANKS AH LGM. you know my armpits are forever yours. wet or dry, you also can stand under my armpit lah~ ella ella eh eh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOAH! who is than jun nan mei nu! hahaha. correct anot? my chinese died alr! anyway baby you made sooo much money! very proud of you. but dont work yourself to death hor!! 2012 is to reap the benefits! hope your trip really will come trueeeeee <3 miss u cnt wait to see you on fri!!! KUAI DIAN LAI BAH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA my chinese also cui already. I can only write my own chinese name now... or can i? D:

    YES SOUNDS LIKE ALOT RIGHT HEH. but then i spent like almost 3/4 of it already -.- still got money left to treat you when we meet though! TEEHEE. this year i'm gonna relax and play hard already lah. 2012, if it's the end of the world, damn bo hua lor. :( if my trip comes true, i'll get you a hot Miami boy. WANT NOT? ;)

    can't wait for fri too baby!!!!!

    p/s: better make yourself free during cny. my mom making your fav.... PINEAPPLE TARTS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PINEAPPLE TARTS FROM MY BFF?!?! OMG WO YAO!!! TELL YOUR MUM WE WILL BE TOGETHER FOREVER

    ReplyDelete
  6. I THOUGHT I WAS YOUR BFF!? >:(

    Offend me and I'll EAT ALL YOUR P. TARTS *cue evil laughter*

    ReplyDelete