Aight! Just an entry to show that I'm still alive after the dive trip! :)
Anyone missed my presence? Haha. :/
Anyways, I really don't know where to start. The moment I reach Singapore, I'm bombarded with this whole list of things to do again. Really, there's no end to this. I'm so exhausted, even with the three day break from work. I think what I really need is a good one month away from school, just spending time with myself and a select few friends. A normal day for me now consists of running from one meeting to another, juggling projects, cca activities and meetings and more. I really am burnt on both ends of the candle. :( And I'm sorry if I snapped at you, or for my less-than-friendly moods because I really cannot take it anymore.
Everyone's expecting something of me. And it's hard, so damn hard to live up to their expectations. Not to mention my own.
What I don't like is when people make a hell lot of excuses to slack off, when others are there slogging twice as hard to cover their asses. I hate it. And I will show it plainly, because I'm not going to be stupid and nice to undeserving people. If you have a valid reason, I'll hear it. But if you have many "valid reasons", I call that excuses. Of course, those who've already worked with me before know that my bark is worse than my bite, and that if I do blow up, I get over it pretty fast too. At the end of the day, I just want everyone to do well and see that everyone is well-deserving of the grade that the group has achieved. Simple as that. So call me a bitch, call me whatever you want. I'm fine with it, as long as I know where I'm coming from.
With that said, my leg's pretty screwed up for now. I can't walk properly because there's an infection. And apparently, it's a pretty bad one. The doctor chided me for not seeing a doctor earlier, and for going diving with an open wound. I think the diving made it worse, cause the wound got scraped while other divers were finning. :( And I didn't dress the wound on the trip cause each time I went down, the bandage would drop.
Now the doctor has declared that I have to go back on Saturday for a follow-up, and if it's not getting better, I will be referred to a hospital. He even ordered me to stay at home for 3 days, which is absolutely ridiculous because I cannot afford to have the luxury of rest, especially not when all the deadlines are nearing. I have my course of antibiotics, and cream, but what's worse is that the entire experience at the doctor's was EMBARRASSING to the max.
He speaks, no he bellows at me and I almost died on the spot. Not from the pain in my leg, but more from the pain in my heart. Whatever dignity I had was reduced to naught when he requested to speak to my mother. ON THE PHONE. :O
here goes the interesting convo between them:
LOUD DOCTOR: okay so why didn't your daughter see a doctor earlier?! the wound is BAD and it's leaky! Did you see the wound?!
mum: yes yes i saw it but i didn't dare to do anything because i am scared. she didn't want to see a doctor cause she said it's a small wound and that the doctor will laugh at her if she goes.
LD: WHAT?! OF COURSE NOT! HOW CAN SHE SAY THAT?! IT'S A DOCTOR'S RESPONSIBILITY TO TAKE CARE OF ANY PATIENT! AND THIS IS SERIOUS. YADAYADAYADA.
*at this point, i slapped my forehead and wished i was dead or deaf cause he was SCREAMING for the whole world to hear.*
mum: okay okay i understand. so how is she? does she have to do anything?
LD: YES! SHE MUST CHECK HER TEMPERATURE EVERY HOUR! IF SHE HAS A FEVER, SEE A DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY. AND SHE HAS TO COME BACK ON SATURDAY!
okay at this point, i was distraught and i couldn't wait to get out of his stupid clinic. apparently, kambing heard EVERYTHING from the outside and he was laughing his head off when i went out. argh!
and that idiotic doctor spelt my name as YAU MIN. when i pointed that out and apologised, he went all loud again and said "OH NO NO OF COURSE IT'S OKAY! DON'T APOLOGISE! HELLO NURSE, CAN U REPRINT EVERYTHING AGAIN? IT'S YOU MIN NOT YAU MIN! YOU MIN! YOU MIN!"
okay, i totally understand that he hates me for my awful handwriting and the fact that he has to reprint all the labels and MC. but he really didn't have to be so sarcastic man ;(
i want to sleep already. MEH.



hello you! please please take care of your wound! (: hope the infection will not worsen :D take care!
ReplyDeleteling*
Yes, of course you were missed! Hahas. That doctor is soooo passionate and you min please take care! takecaretakecaretakecare
ReplyDeleteHey, I hope that you will recover from your infected wound real soon! And gosh, if I were you visiting a terribily loud doctor would be quite an ordeal for me to take. /:
ReplyDeleteTake loads of care!
I will marry an irritating doctor like tht in future! hahaha
ReplyDeleteto irritate you :P
hopefully the dressing i did will be good enough. RMBR if the thing soaks through or any part of it got wet, must take out and change already ar! i can do for you if you want.just call me, and i'll be there :P
ling*: hello dear! thanks babe :) i will take care of it! *hugs*
ReplyDeleteshuxian: hahahah you're sweet! don't call me you min for now! im still under trauma! HAHA.
ReplyDeletekellyn: hello! haha thanks thanks! :) lol yes the doctor was embarrassingly loud. :p u take care too! heh.
ReplyDeletejo*lene: HELLO SISTER :D please please if you do, i won't talk to u for a week! :( HAHAHA rmb our whole i won't talk to u if you buy that ugly dress/shoe/shirt/whatever phase!? Lol! thanks for helping me do the dressing! your professionalism has made me very impressed. wahahahha. just dial 1900-nursechua and you'll be there? :P my leg misses you!
ReplyDelete