Early morning saw me having to drag myself up to leave the lovely apartment that I've been staying in for the few days. Awesomz Jo woke up so she could send me to the airport, with her kind friend who drove. Thanks tall sister for arranging everything! Love you so much :) Anyway, they dropped me off at the airport with a big hug from Jo! However I got the shock of my life cause I thought they sent me to the wrong terminal since it's printed differently on my flight schedule. So after a worried exchange of text messages with Jo, I found the information counter and realised they printed wrongly and left out my boarding gate as well. But that wasn't all! Later, I found out (to my huge dismay) that my flight was delayed by more than two hours due to some technical problems. So you can imagine how bored and annoyed I was, having to stone for so long. My iPod really kept me sane, thankfully.
finally able to board the damned plane!
Thank goodness I managed to text Chai before I boarded the plane to tell her about my flight delay. I feel so bad for making her and ZY wait for me! :( Was so glad to see her when I finally arrived at about 7pm! I was waiting for my luggage when suddenly someone tapped my shoulder. Gave her a big fat hug, and Chai commented that she thought she tapped the wrong person cause my hair looks so long now. Hahahah!
ZY is such a nice boy! :) He patiently drove us home despite the rain and bad traffic. Thumbs up for him! (Y) Chai pie got the guys to join us for dinner @ Sofia's! If my memory does not fail me, the guys comprise of Malcolm, Joe, Kevin, ZY! It was such a jovial affair and I had so much fun. Didn't feel awkward at all despite it's only our first time meeting.We managed to break the record and finish all the food without having to take away! :) Awesome much? Just so you know, the portions are really huge! Even with the guys' help, we could've still exploded eating so much carbs! But I love it! Especially the risotto. The restaurant really serves up good food that's value for money. :D
this is the 3-in-1 pasta that's meant for only two persons to share.
cabonara, lasagna & risotto (my fav!)
tourist must camwhore with everything. tourist rights!
oh no, that's not a pizza my friends.
that's called a large (!) cheesy garlic bread. really large man.
kevin (on the left) is korean, and reminds me of ben!
this is really a joke. the burger pizza turned out to be really small. haha!
We could hardly bring ourselves to finish up the garlic bread, and I was almost begging Chai to tabao home already. But that brilliant girl suggested playing games to finish up all the food! Hahahah. Well, I'm glad we did cause we had plenty of laughs. I got penalized quite a few times but Chai did help me to eat some too. Heehee, thanks babe! Kevin was damn funny. We had to come up with names and he said "ABRAM" as in "Abraham Lincoln". Hahahahah. I almost laughed till my stomach burst! :D It was damn fun sabotaging the guys! Teehee.
Chai & I hitched a ride back in Joe's lovely Mini Cooper while the other guys took ZY's car. Look at it! Damn cool right? The interior's super gorgeous. :)
After washing up, we decided to have a late-night movie session! Girl time! :)) The cast was made up of Jude Law, Natalie Portman and Julia Roberts; and the song "The Blower's Daughter" by Damien Rice at the start of the movie just won me over instantly. It's a pretty sad storyline about infidelity and the complexity of relationships. Humans will never be satisfied with what they have huh? Well, I really enjoyed myself cause we managed to catch up and chat in the dark while snuggling in Chai's soft bouncy bed. Love moments of sharing like these (:
Anyway, this is a rather short entry, taking into account the amount of time I actually spent doing stuff on the fourth day. Sitting around waiting for the plane really took up most of my precious time. :( But anyhow, I'd like to say that what really touches me is when my friends go out of their way to make my stay a comfortable one. :) Thanks babes! Y'all have been awesome hosts. And I'm really happy to be able to stay with y'all and experience a small portion of your life abroad because it's really one thing to read about all your experiences and another to see it for myself. I'm really thankful for the opportunity to go and experience all the wonderful sights and taste all the food that you two have been telling me about! Can't wait to see you girls back in singapore!



Eh one day you host Chai in Singapore for fun okay. We all act as tourists. HAHAHAH OMG HOW FUN IS THAT OMGOMG. -.-
ReplyDeleteqixin: heheheh sounds good! :) we need a good ol' girls day out!
ReplyDeleteLALA! you're welcome! hehe. gorgeous girl is damn lame. hahah. ANYWAY! im back in SG and we are MEETING!!! on wednesday! :) CANT WAIT! i still havent made up my mind on what to do. but you bringing me to a nice cafe to chill is pretty high up on my list right now :P
ReplyDeletejolene: yupyup tmr in fact! :) heehee prepare urself for some good ol' eating! <333 and catching up! we find a day to ourselves for celebrating ur bday ok? not this week though. sorry babe! im having my exams so maybe next?
ReplyDelete