Tuesday, July 13, 2010

dated: 6/18/08

Death puts almost everything into perspective. No, I'm not being suicidal here. Hahah. I just wonder, is it only me who thinks this way? Each time I'm angry or upset with a friend, family member or just any person I hold dear to my heart, a silly question pops up into my head- Will you be angry with this person for (insert what made you angry here) if that person were to die in the very next moment?

And every time, my answer will be a loud resounding "no". I don't like getting upset with people even though they may have done things that were unpleasant to me or said things that really stung. I just don't like it. So I guess that negativity cancels out negativity to make a postive- because my strong dislike for holding onto anger overrides the anger itself. And often, I find myself forgiving others easily. But sometimes, I think that's also the reason why the hardest person to forgive is myself.

Life is full of unpredictability and so, I really don't wanna take chances when it comes to the people I love. I could be gone any time, too.

I don't want to be angry with someone for petty things. Like say, my friend ate up ALL my shepherd's pie! Or drank up ALL my bandung. (how terrible!)

And so as I was saying, death puts (almost) everything into perspective. :)

p/s: I stumbled upon the drafts that I saved in my blog, and found out something surprising: I actually wrote so much better when I was down! Well, this is not exactly one of them but I think I'll slowly post the drafts over a period of time. My life's pretty much happy and fluffy now, which gives me less food for thought. Somehow, re-reading my old entries really struck a chord with me and inspires me... but that said, it doesn't mean I want any reason to be emo nemo anytime soon ok? D:

No comments:

Post a Comment