School is sucking the life out of me like a dementor. The only difference being - no amount of happy thoughts can save me this time round. I feel defeated. Like there's so little reason for me to keep going when almost every single day it's just mindless cramming of information into my pea-sized brain. What's the point really? I enjoy learning and dare I say it, studying (at times) but not to the extent of having to overload my brain with chapter after chapter of blurry information.
It's almost mission impossible - this task of completing 8 chapters of Biopyschology. Each chapter has an average of 30 pages. I take at least half an hour to fully understand one page. One friggin' page!!! Currently, I'm only up till the third chapter. The exam is on Thursday. Do the math and you'll realise how screwed I am. Oh yes, and my midterms for Psycholinguistics is on Wednesday, which sadly I haven't even started studying for.
Aside from the ranting, I am really sorry that others have the burden of filling in for my incompetency. I look at the work schedule/ time sheets and crumble inside. It feels horrible knowing that Qixin and Venus are working their guts off because I'm caught up with school. This feeling really sucks. I know that I can't just walk away like that, but times like this - I wish I could. It makes me wonder how some people make alternating between commitments seem almost effortless.
I just wanna apparate away to a school where exams aren't as important as your survival skills, and I get to play Quidditch every day. Is Hogwarts accepting Muggles (muggers) anytime soon?
Random sidenote: the shopping bug has bitten again! They don't call it retail therapy for nothing. ;)



Ho YEAH
ReplyDeleteim like mugging 3 textbooks each 200pages for an aug 12 test!
lets all sink cos we r on the same LEAKING boat.
cheer UP!
junhao
It's okay lah babe. I get money for all the work I do, so that's fine. And Elise is coming back so I don't work that many shifts already. Just concentrate on school and don't worry, I let you walk away (but not too far). (: I miss you a lot. I miss us having the time to do nothing to just talk about everything and anything. :') I love you okay. I will chase your dementors away.
ReplyDeleteEXPECTO PATRONUM!
(My patronus is an erryphant.)
junhao: awww thanks man :) you jiayou too okay! haha i think the boat cannot take my weight i'll probably sink first! but anyway thanks for the encouragement! all the best for your exams!!! :D
ReplyDeleteqixin: My patronus must be something gross, like a lizard or dung beetle. :( Meet me soon! I wanna talk nonsense to you all day heheh.