Saturday, November 12, 2011

MAROON; FIVE.

Photo credits to @kellynting! Heheheh, harvard wannabe iz me ;)


Lovin' my spanking new maroon knit top ($33)


Harry Potter geek chick ⚡


Frivolousness aside, I'm feeling so worn out these days. Can totally identify with the song "Fix You" by Coldplay right now: 
When you try your best, but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

Anthony just booked out. Haven't seen him in two whole weeks and yet my weekends are burned cause of work. How to spend time with him before he leaves for Taiwan next week? He's not happy. I'm not happy. But y'know, I'm trying my hardest already. Sometimes I really *wish* that I can just drop all my commitments like hot potatoes. But of course, that was not my wish for 11.11.11 11:11 (ok, that's one too many ones, I feel kinda dizzy). 

Lately my dad's been asking me, "Why do you work so hard and tire yourself out like that?" I'd always grin and say, "Yeah well because..... I wanna be RICH!" Hohoho. But no, it's not about the money really. Sure, it feels good to see the numbers in my bankbook jump a notch at the end of the month. But we have a lifetime to work and make those numbers jump, don't we? Well, I guess it all boils down to one word: responsibility. *cue loud dramatic sigh*

I feel really bad though. At the end of the day, the person I'm hurting most is Anthony. Somebody give me an award for Worst Girlfriend of the Year already. :'( What do I do now? 

p/s: might consider "looking for random money on the floor" as a possible part-time job/ sideline
p/p/s: amused by my title. does anyone even get it? LOL 

8 comments:

  1. I get it! Maroon knit top, accompanied with five photos in this entry?

    Cut yourself some slack. You're right about having a lifetime ahead to slog.

    If I were you, I'd request for a lighter work schedule! I always avoided working during the weekends when J was in army, because whatever little time we had together was so precious then :) Since there's nothing you can do about it now, make sure you don't choose work over Ant for the next working month!

    I'm pretty sure Ant -and all other attached NS men- is like J two years ago, counting down to see his girlfriend every weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm maybe its time to consider a job change to a bigger organization where you wont feel so obligated to help out :)) (and where ppl are not so nice) haha. *HINT USS HINT* dont let the job you took up to keep you busy while ants is away become the job that keeps you away from ants!

    lubs u very much!!! dont work so much after this month alr!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice top!







    Work woes.
    I don't know what to say. Sorry? I have classes on two of the Saturdays in Nov that's why I can't work on Sats darl, if not I'd have taken your shift. Very tired also and the hours we're working/shifts we're overlapping is insane and draining. We're superwomen by the end of the year. ):

    I'm damn frustrated too, sigh. But we'll have our offday together in Dec and we'll have ONE GOOD ONE okay?

    Tell Antz don't angsty uhh. ): I feel terrible.

    ps: word verification is subtards. like sub-retard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i spy w my little eye, wah those collarbones! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. CHAI: Harrow! Hahahahah yes you so smart. totally same wavelength leh! ;)

    Mmm, thanks chaichai. I see what you mean but if I'm not working... qx has to work. So yeah, that won't solve my problems! haha. bt i'm planning to slow things down in jan. just have to tahan till end of year only since Christmas is the busiest period.

    Miss you! <3 Send my regards to J!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HHH: HAI BABY. where'd you go? :(

    USS doesn't sound like a very good idea ah.. hahahaha. i really like the workplace leh! just that it's so busy now. but don't worry!!! rather be busy and happy than anything else. will make time for anthony still! he is away in taiwan now so i get to work ALL I WANT. ^^ hahahahah.

    love you too! please make time for me. very long never see you :'(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Qi: SPANKS BBG. ;)

    Don't be crazy and say sorry. What's there to apologise about? Hahahaha well nov is ending soon. Please please let us get bonus still or i'd just fall into depression. LOL. okay not so kua zhang but really confirm lose the motivation one.

    Love you! Let's jiayou till the end of this year! Earn beeg bugz! HAHA ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LGM: hihi longgangmei! :D naise ah. Hahahahaha.

    RELACK NAO!!! time to read our online mag and find clamps!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete